Friday 6 April 2012

RANT !!! iPhone is recognised by iTunes, but not my laptop. Grr.

Yes, I must rant ._. even on Good Friday ._.

Firstly I could've saved myself from all the problems of the Universe and simply invest in a goood digital camera.

But I didn't.

I do have one tucked away in the depths of my wardrobe, but the battery wastes away after about 20 minutes of use, which isn't exactly an encouragement to my crappy photography skills. So that's that.

I would've used my iPod to do the duties, but she only takes videos, not photos -_- And as merely an Apple customer, I have no right to impail such duties on her. So that was that too.

So I used my beloved iPhone. Now, iTunes recognises it, syncs it, does the whole shebang with it and that is awesome, however, my laptop doesn't recognise it. And that is the problem.

When I plug iFone into my laptop via the USB cable, iTunes pop up and syncs accordingly. However there is no "remove storage device" sign at the bottom right corner of the screen, nor does the iPhone show up in My computers. This has been a boggle to me for a goood few weeks now...I'm not sure when the problem started, because I usually upload my photos directly from my iPhone to Facebook, or Mocospace, or QQ or whatever. I don't even need to go through the laptop. Until now ¬__¬

After a shag load of research and forum hunting, I have come across a fairly consistent solution to the problem according to everyone but myself:
Delete the photos on your Camera roll that were not taken from your iPhone - you probably got it in a text or on the internet - and you'll be able to see the iPhone icon or Camera device icon in My Computer again. And live happily ever after.

So I did just that, went through 2 and a half thousand photos, dug out and deleted about 300 of them...and everything was exactly the same as before. Same as shiz. I tried unplugging, replugging, opening, closing, unplugging again, take a new photo in a silent spirited hope that it will trigger some human sympathy from my laptop/iPhone, replugged it once more and....nothing. Fml.

There are probably more "what ifs" and attempts to make this work...an example will be rebooting the system, uninstall and reinstall iTunes, log off and back on, set fire to your curtain and extinguish it.....the list is truly endless...but right now, I could not bother my flabby cellulited backside to do so.

Instead, I will chill. I will mellow and take life as slowly as a garden snail upon a 60's style fluorescent dewy leaf. My last resort was to upload the photos as drafts on my Gmail, and download the photos onto my laptop from there. See ? Piece of cookie, except that the downside was I can only upload 4 photos per email. And I have a little more than a thousand ==...

That's ok, that's alright.....slowly....slowwwwly.....

And with that in mind, I march on in good faith like an undefeated soldier, before an error message pops up on my Gmail, while trying to open the photo, they have some troubleshooting jazz going on and can you try again later please ? Why yes, why yes I can, in fact I have been doing so for the past five hours you son of a jerk.

I refused to fulfill my sudden desire to yank every electrical appliance out of our walls, chucking them all out the window, thus brutally murdering our neighbour's obese dog. I chose to blog this down to mark the beginning of my cold war with blah ._.

Update: Gmail photo collecting system is now working again. However, if you do have a solution to the above problem, please don't hesitate to let me know.....I'm currently on photo number 12 ._.


Laters & godspeed.

κ¡Îķ

No comments:

Post a Comment