Thursday 22 March 2012

hp printer does not print out bottom of the page: solution

Took me about 4 hours trying to figure this out.... ._. meh.

After much investigation and thorough browsing, I was on the verge of giving up. Mr. Printer (hp deskjet 3325) just point-blank refused to print the bottom part of every single sheet of my VFID (very flippin' important document). Peeps who worked for the printer company only posted answers that were inapplicable in my situation, and unfortunately, forums weren't of much help, just filled with questions and questions and more inapplicable answers ._. daww.

So to my absolute delight, this, posted by one forum dude, did the trick:
  • Go to the Start menu
  • >> Control Panel
  • >> Printers
  • Right-click your printer
  • From the drop-down menu, click Properties
  • Select the Ports tab
  • Uncheck "Enable bidirectional support"
  • Click Apply, and Ok.
Worked like a gem. Not only did Mr. Printer do what he was supposed to do, he also did it more quickly. I'm sure there's a downside somewhere, but I havent noticed it yet, so yeahh.

I'll keep you posted (;


Laters & godspeed.

κ¡Îķ

No comments:

Post a Comment